If you are looking for a new carpet this summer, did you know that wool carpets are cooler in summer and warmer in winter? Amazing but true! Here are some other facts about wool carpets …
- Wool is durable and extremely resilient. Wool fibres are naturally superior to synthetic fibres which means they will last longer.
- Wool carpets are naturally flame resistant – it smoulders and extinguishes itself instead of burning. Due to the self-extinguishing nature of wool, it is the fibre of choice for casinos and airlines!
- Shearing is essential for the welfare of sheep and wool grown on sheep which graze freely is 100% natural, plus it's easily recyclable and biodegradable, making wool the ultimate sustainable choice for flooring.
- Colours tend to look richer and more vibrant on wool.
- Wool carpets are cheaper in the long run. Although they are initially more expensive, wool carpets are long lasting, so are often seen as a good investment.
If you are looking for a new carpet this summer, you don’t need to look any further than Red Carpets Leicester. We have a huge range of both wool and synthetic carpets and a vast selection of remnants at bargain prices in our showrooms, so come and see us soon in South Wigston or Anstey.