It’s that time of year again when floors can take a bit of a battering. Every time someone comes into your house they seem to bring in a trail of mud, water and dead leaves. In addition, in winter we tend to spend a lot more time indoors which means more traffic on your floors, more spills and other mishaps! To help you cope, here are our tips to keep your floors looking good throughout the winter:
- Doormats at each door into your home will help to reduce the amount of dirt being brought into your home.
- Take shoes off when you come inside – this is the easiest way to stop mud and dirt being spread throughout your home.
- Clean up any mishaps as quickly as possible – cleaning up food and drink spills or mud and dirt as soon as possible will prevent them from becoming stubborn stains.
- Sweep up hard floor areas often – removal of dirt from hard floor areas will stop it being transferred to other rooms.
- Vacuum regularly – in particular high traffic areas and those areas close to front and back doors. Dirt left on carpets can be trodden deep into the carpet so the quicker dirt is removed from carpets the better!
We hope that your flooring looks good all winter. However if you are feel that the time has come to replace your flooring, please come and see our range of carpets, vinyl and luxury vinyl tiles in our showrooms in South Wigston and Anstey.